Background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's day.

I feel as if I am pretty independent... but sometimes I still need my mom.
My mom and my stepmom are the best and I have been privileged to have them both in my life!
My mom is super awesome and I really miss her especially because mother's day was Today and this was the first time that I was not with her on mother's day. 
When I got my haircut, I totally forgot to tip the hairdresser and I felt really bad afterward but if my mom were there she would have not let me forget! I just am so thankful for what she has done for me and for the strength she has given me and for the lessons I have been taught by her.



This is my mom.
The second picture just shows how crazy and fun she is! I love her SO much and think the world of her. She may be imperfect yet again Christ was the only perfect being, yet she has been the perfect mom for me!

A little bit about my mom:
She teaches choir to a bunch of hormonal teenagers at Central Junior High
She used to be in the Fort Worth Opera ( I got the privilege to be in 2 operas because of her, and one was with her)
She got offered the part of Alvin in Alvin and the chipmunks movie but turned it down because her students are more important to her
She LOVES to embarrass me but I act like it doesn't phase me: for example she shimmied down the isle at Walmart to a Beyonce song and sang it with her chipmunk voice...
She is a health freak and runs around 10 miles a day
Has lots of self control.... she loved candy and went on a candy fast for a whole year!
She has me, her only girl, and two boys, as well as a stepdaughter and stepson.
 She likes to swim
She is the best mom I could ask for and loves me unconditionally.

You ROCK mom, and I love you more than words can describe. Even when you embarrass me, like when yo talked about farting when I was your student IN CLASS. Even when you make me eat nasty soy mango smoothies that taste like eating toothpaste out of a tube just because it is healthy, even when you made me mad because I wanted to stay out later and you wanted to go to bed, even when you beat me at our karate choppin wars, and even when you cannot be with me, I still love you. 

I have the privilee of having two mom's and mother's day would not be complete without thanking April,  or mommyapril as I have called her for the last 10 years.


There have been times when I was down and needed a friend and she was there. I am glad that she married my dad and that when I need someone to confide with she is there. There have been times when we have not gotten along but that does not change the fact that I love her. 
Things April loves:
Shopping :) She is a great shopping buddy and always gets me the cutest stuff
decorating..... you should see my room, it's all thanks to her!
being a mom, she is so patient with my sister Makenna who can at some times be a challenge
dancing, lets just say we got our boogy on last Christmas

She also has worked with deaf children and she went on a mission to South Korea. 
She has been a great example for me as well!


I love both of these ladies so much and they have helped me to become the person I am today.

So for all the Mother's out there... Happy Mother's Day... you are changing the world one child at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment