So I decided that I would do yet another truth Tuesday:
1. Kasey does not know how to warm chocolate and burnt about 6 bucks of chocolate yesterday...
2. When redoing our kitchen table and chairs, I accidentally nicked a little spot and instead of painting that spot... waiting for it to dry and then putting the sealant over it I smudged it all together over the spot impatiently not allowing it to dry.
3. I ate chocolate yesterday... and for those who know me... this is a big deal since I don't like it all that much.
4. I may bs a paper on an upcoming test based upon discussion and not what I read... or was supposed to read.
5. I HATE when people post their problems with someone close to them on Facebook like "My mom is so mean to me" or when they try and get others to justify their argument out of context for example "don't you think that if someone (like we don't know who you are talking about) is married to you they should always do the dishes after making dinner"......... really people, PLEASE leave your arguments at HOME. By posting your problems I am embarrassed for you and feel more pity for the person you you are writing about who for the most part is an innocent bystander. Even though the argument seems "right" on your part.... most of the time it is out of context and completely rude and inconsiderate for all others involved, even if it was there fault this does not belong of Facebook. Thank you
6. Number 5 has been bothering me a lot lately.... especially when people agree with the post person and they put their "claim" out of context. This has not happened to me but I have heard and seen the conversations that have proceeded some of the comments made.
7. I bought a new dress :) oops.
8. I forgot to make dinner yesterday in time, so poor Kasey and I didnt have a chance to eat until midnight!
9. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be Kasey's wife!
10. Despite the struggles, and stress and hard times school has brought me... I am happy and I LOVE life!
11. I hope this post isn't too offending but more it lets off some steam... and if you have anything to add I would LOVE to hear it :)
Sunday, September 23, 2012
So a few weeks ago we went to visit my family in Texas!
Things are continuing to change there and it was fun to see and spend time with my family.
One of the forst things that we did upon arrival to Texas was attend the Texas Rangers game!
It was probably the WORST game I have ever watched of the rangers.... usually there is at least one grand slam out of the park, but not that night... and we lost. Lame.
But the photo above is a posy of peeps who dressed up in mascotesque costumes. There was a pirate, a turtle, a mouse and one other something but anyways they were jamming out in the parking lot in the hot hot hot costumes in 100 degree weather... there were crazy!
Kasey and I at the game.... he can never make a serious face for me....
RANGERS!!!! The weather actually ended up pretty nice and we were glad because I think Kasey would have been dead.
My brother ended up getting a chameleon out of the blue while were were there...
My mom kept saying...."buying Greg (that's what he named the chameleon) was the biggest wase of money because he is going to die within the next month"
Well my mom was right and Greg sure enough died while my brother watched him helplessly choke on a cricket. Its kinda cool how they eat.
My mom and I were able to enjoy some shopping, and while we were at Nordstrom Rack we found the awesome shoes.... we decided my mom should buy them to go clubbing.... jk
But the BIGGEST surprise was for Kasey. So story: I was looking up stuff that we could do and running all the possibilities over with Kasey just to prove to him that Texas could be pretty awesome even though we do not plan on living there. As I was going over the list I suggested we go to Medieval Times. Then Kasey went on to tell me that he used to dream and wish that he would one day have the chance to go to medieval times... and how he used to draw dragons and castles and knights in shining armor. This was news to me and my first response was... who are you?
But my mom surprised us with tickets to medieval times and Kasey was so excited... and he felt pretty nerdy to enjoy it so much. He kept saying... this is cheesy.... but deep inside I was happy to have fulfilled a childhood dream for him.
So I took this picture when we went to eat Tex-Mex food at La hacienda Ranch, because everyone I have told about this thinks I am crazy and never believes me.
But do you see the bags of water hanging? Well they are filled with a penny... and guess what? There are NO flies in the whole place! So this is proof it works.
We loved visiting Texas, and we were so thankful to have seen my family. I wish I had more pics, and the picture with my brothers.... but we loved the company, the Mexican the Texas barbeque, the baseball, and all the wonderful things Texas brought. Thanks Mom and Jeff, we love you and appreciate you getting us down there to Texas! It was so good to see family, icluding Nana, Mimi and my granddaddy.