Background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mr. and Mrs.

So a lot has happened and I am now officially Mrs. G... Life has been so great and there has been a lot to get used to but I am loving life.

My wedding day could not have been more perfect and crazy... the night before, my two best friends Lizzie and Arianne stayed the night with me at our new house. I still had not packed and I still had a few last minute details to throw together like a slideshow and music playlist, so we ended up going to bed at 3 in the morning. So wedding day comes and Arianne, Lizzie and I get up at 5:45 to get all dressed up for the big day. Arianne was such a doll and made us pancakes, Lizzie did a fabulous job on my hair (and I got so many compliments, and at 6:30 we hear a "knock, knock, knock" on the door and there was the groom...
Kasey arrived about half an hour early all dressed and I pretty much knew how anxious and excited that he was. So we rushed out the door and I took the pancakes with me, and we hoped in the car and off we went. On the way not too far down the freeway, we had a cop turn on his sirens and yes we were pulled over. Kasey was speeding a little and it was his very first time to be puled over by a cop. The cop was a bit of a jerk but in the end he let us off with a warning.
We arrived at the temple at 8:30 and waited anxiously till we were married for time and all eternity at 9:40am by Brother Ferguson. It was a beautiful ceremony and there were many tears of happiness. The sealer described me to have a beam of radiance around me and Kasey as my protector, and I do not think that he could have described us better, he was a very sweet man. My silly grandpa had to yell out that he gave me a blessing to have ten kids, and the sealer replied... well this is there first step to be married first. haha
If you want to know more about temples follow this link. Or this one.
But it was a glorious day, and my cousin Rachel was gracious enough to video us coming out of the temple.

Our wedding day from Kara Gulbranson on Vimeo.


The Mr. and I had a fantastic luncheon at the Lion house and many fun faces we love were there... it was a good time. My grandpa even had to get up and remind Kase and I (while I was speaking) that he blessed me to have ten kids, and then he called me Alicia. haha

More to come on our big and perfect day. So To Be Continued.........

1 comment: